Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stomach Setback

The last week has brought some realization of disappointment. My endo is giving me more problems yet again. I'm not sure if it is because I am no longer on the continuous pill, thus no cycle, or it is just acting up so soon after having surgery. The first few months after surgery were good, but slowly the last few months I have had increasingly more pain. It's to the extent that I didn't go to school today (student teaching). Luckily I have class tomorrow so I won't have to move around much and can sit and curl up if needed. I did call my guyno today. They can't get me in for a month so they had me leave a message with his assistant to see what can be done or if they can squeez me in sooner. Ugh, it's just frustrating and disapointing. I hope it doesn't come down to me seriously considering a historectomy within the next year. I would like to have kids or at least try to have kids of my own. I'm ok with adopting, but I would still like to have the oppertunity to try.

To end on a happy note, eventhough I was in a large amount of pain yesterdayI had a really good day with my kiddos and our student who tends to have difficult days had a really good day yesterday. Sine he was doing so well we selected him to be our Star of the Week and he was so pleased, prould, and excited. It was so cute.

2 comments:

Kyle & Amy said...

I hope you are feeling a little better!!

Gaby said...

Wow Tia! I'm sorry that you're still having problems with that :( You'd like to think of the Hysterectomy as a last result- so hopefully it doesn't come down to that. I'll pray for you.
I'm glad you're enjoying student teaching. I didn't really enjoy it myself! First grade was tough for me. I like third grade- it's a better fit for me (second grade was pretty good too :) What grade are you in?