Monday, July 13, 2009

Updates

It's been quite some time since I've written on here. Sorry to those of you who have been awaiting an update. A lot has happened since the last time. I've completed my masters program, graduated, and have started SWEP (my summer job - Summer Work Experience Program). The most recent news is that I found out today that I did not pass the ORELA for the third time. I thought third time's the charm. Guess not in my case. All of this means that I will not be able to apply for my teaching license thus cannot get a teaching position for this next school year. I regret not starting this whole stupid ORELA last year. Fourth time better be the charm. As for what I'm going to do for a job, I don't know. I just found out today that I didn't pass and haven't been able to get a hold of who I need to talk to. I'm considering different options. Cross your fingers that I'll make the right choice, pass the ORELA on August 8th, and that I keep my sanity between now and then.

On a happier note: I am absolutly loving being here at SWEP with McCall and Jack; plus Chris has been here the last few days. Jack is huge! and adorable! I am going to miss him dearly in five weeks. Today he fully independently put a DVD into the DVD player and pushed play. Jack has been doing pretty well at SWEP and so are the other kiddos. We have a pretty good calm group this year; they just don't go out much. I hope they start to though once they get their next paycheck. They did the scavenger hunt this weekend so now they know how to get to the mall.

I don't really have much else to say. I think I'm off to go check on the one duo we have to chekc on often to make sure they arn't doing anything inappropriate. Fun for me.

2 comments:

Gaby said...

Yay!! An update!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry about the ORELA. At WOU we had to pass those tests before we entered the program. I'm glad that you can at least take it again so soon in August.
I wonder if you can still get the SPED license w/o passing?

I'm glad you're enjoying seeing Jack and SWEP. Will you go rafting again?

Looking forward to more updates,
Gaby

Kyle & Amy said...

Yeah for an update, probably ready for another one too.