Sunday, June 29, 2008

13 Hours at the Park

Sunday was the dragon boat races and it was exhausting. I was up and working by 6 am and spent 13 hours at the park in the heat. The first race started 40 minutes late, the second was 10 minutes late, and the final race was about an hour late if not more. In the final race one of our boats placed 2nd and the other placed 4th (there were only 4 high school teams). So then we had to stay for the awards ceremony, though we knew at least one of our teams would place, thus we didn't get home until after 9pm last night. Overall it was a good day, just exhausting. After work Chris and I went up the street for a few beers. We definitely deserved it. We had a really good talk to.

I did run into a girl who I went to high school with at the race, which was exciting. She is the team caption for her team and said anyone is welcome to paddle, so who knows what team I'll end up on. My coach for the team I was on offered for me to be on the new team she is coaching too. I don't know who I'll paddle with, I think it depends on when practices are and what is more convenient for me.

That's all for now.

Oh, forgot one of the best, well maybe best is not the most operative word, part of the day. Dan (a friend of mine who is working for us this summer) got one of the kids to lick my foot in order to get free Subway! It all started with the student looking at my dirty feet and it escalated from there, but he actually did it. It's crazy that one of my students licked my foot!


1 comment:

Kyle & Amy said...

Sounds like too much fun. Was your foot clean after he licked it? Call me some time!