Sunday, June 15, 2008

SWEP Has Begun

SWEP actually started about a month ago for me. I've been doing all the prep stuff for the summer. I officially began work on Friday as I met with my boss and then the movers 3.5 hours later when they finally showed up. Of course since I rely on Tri-Met I had to stick around here which then messed up my whole schedule for the day. It didn't help that the movers were in crappy moods either. I was a bigger person though and tried to be cheerful for them even though they had screwed up my day plan.. After the movers were done (at 5:30pm) I went home and packed in a rush so I could be here when McCall, Chris, Jordon, and guess who - Jack got here. The main reason I made it through my day was the thought of seeing Jack near the end.

Well, today went well. Today was sign-in day. This year we have 15 students, which isn't a bad number. We'll see how many we end up with at the end of the summer. Maybe this year will be year number two for not having to kick anyone out. We almost made it last year, but no. This year is quite interesting because we are in two houses instead of one dorm. I've been telling myself that we'll make it work, which we will, but it sucks. The main reason why it sucks is because we (staff) can't hang out. We have to have a staff in each dorm at all times. I think after next week we may get more lenient, but we have another student coming next week who we know we need to keep an eye on. She likes to hang on the boys a little much at times. So really, we probably won't get to hang out much. BUT we do have these cool fun walkies to chat back and fourth on instead of just using our phones. Chris even went down to 711 and still had signal to the house!

Ok, well it's 10:30 and I need to start doing my job and reminding them of the time so they'll all be in bed at 11pm. Plus, my butt is getting sore from this hard chair, not that you really needed to know that.

Look for more updates. I'll probably be better this year since I'll be the only staff in a house at a time for most of my shifts.

No comments: