Saturday, June 28, 2008

End of Week 2

It's hot, I'm bored and it's the end of week two. The kids had a good first week of work. We had dragon boat practice twice this week and the kiddos seemed to really like it. We are teaming up with another high school team for the dragon boat races tomorrow at the Beat Festival. The kids will be racing three times. It is really impressive to me that the high school team teaming up with us is willing to sacrifice a championship in order to paddle mixed in with our kids. There is a high possibility we may get a place because there are only four other teams in the high school division. We'll see how we do tomorrow.

Watching the kids paddle made me a little envious. It wasn't that I wanted to paddle with them, I just wanted to paddle. I ran into my coach for Lethally Blind and she told me I should paddle with a new group who has just started to learn how to paddle. They practice on Monday and Thursday nights at 6pm, which could be fisable after SWEP is over. Sue told me I should do it at least once a week to keep it up and I should not stop since I am such a natural. That made me feel good. Paddling is a lot of hard work, but I do enjoy it once I'm back on shore.

Let's see what else has happened . . . oh we had a student go home already. He had some personal/medical issues to deal with. I think if his mother would have pushed him a little he would have tried to stay. Her comment was, I'm surprised he made it this long. What a way to set you kid up for failure.

Next week shall be exciting. It's a short week due to the fourth of July. The kids work Monday through Thursday and then on Friday we spend the day at Oaks Park. My twin is planning on joining us this year, which will be fun. Now I am reminded we have to go to Costo to shop for the 4th for all of the food for the BBQ. Yum!

Ok, that's all for now. My lap is getting hot from my laptop.

1 comment:

Kyle & Amy said...

Sounds like lots of fun. The 4th of July will be fun!!